Operational Changes in Response to COVID-19 Coronavirus
Colonial Williamsburg Resorts commitment to cleanliness and hygiene has been a long standing, core operational principle protecting and serving our guests and associates since 1937.
Our guests and associate’s health and well-being are paramount, and with recent changes due to COVID- 19, we have aggressively taken further steps to ensure the safety and world-class experience you have come to expect at Colonial Williamsburg Resorts. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19 et al, and include everything from hand-washing hygiene and the latest cleaning products specifications to a vast array of technology designed specifically for use in public spaces and guest rooms.
Some specific steps Colonial Williamsburg Resorts is taking are as follows:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, resort associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Colonial Williamsburg Resorts continues to coordinate with national, regional, state and local authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) to ensure we are apprised of the latest information.
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
The resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Associates use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch areas and items.
- Public Spaces: All resort outlets have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on counters, front desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels, restaurants, pro shops and other outlets that serve our guests are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas such as associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Operational Updates as of March 26, 2020 – 9:00 A.M.
Please note we are diligently monitoring the COVID-19 situation 24 hours a day and have precautions in place to ensure you have a safe and healthy stay at any of our Colonial Williamsburg Resort hotels.
The following Colonial Williamsburg Resort hotels are open:
- Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection
- Colonial Houses
- Griffin Hotel
The Golden Horseshoe Golf Course is open and accepting tee times.
- Gold Course
- Green Course
- Spotswood Course
Dining Options Now Available: Grab & Go
- The Cupboard Gourmet Grab & Go at the Williamsburg Lodge
- Sweet Tea and Barley Curbside Takeout starts Monday, March 30, 2020
The following Colonial Williamsburg Resorts hotels will temporarily close starting Friday, March 27, 2020:
- Williamsburg Woodlands
- Williamsburg Inn
Additional Temporary Closures through April 30, 2020
- Spa of Colonial Williamsburg
- Taverns and other Historic Area food and beverage locations
- Huzzah’s Eatery
- Rockefeller Room
- The Social Terrace
- Terrace Room & Goodwin Room
- Taste Studio
- Golden Horseshoe Gold & Green Course Grills
- Museum Cafe
- Visitor Center Cafe
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html> or your local health authority.
For the most up to date information on Colonial Williamsburg Foundation operations, click here.